Friday, June 15, 2012

15/06/12

Last Saturday I hiked up the “Three Points” mountain with Andrea, and Ecuadorian volunteer who lives with the sisters in town. The mountain is so named because the very top point marks where Mozambique, Swaziland, and South Africa all meet at Swaziland’s northeast corner. It was a beautiful day and, aside from the small run-in with the police on the way back, a great hike! Above picture: looking up the “mountain” (I’m from Illinois), the point we are hiking to is right in the middle. Above: Andrea hiking. The line/fence that starts on the right of the picture is the Mozambique/Swaziland border. Namaacha is to the left in the distance. Above: Me at the rock pile that marks where the three countries meet. Above: Andrea and me, with Namaacha in the background. Above: Behind me is the Swaziland (left) / South Africa (right) border. I am actually in South Africa in the picture I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment