Wednesday, September 29, 2010

East Africa Cycle

When I first mentioned Pete and Tom, the two British boys cycling from South Africa to Kenya, I didn’t have their information so I said I would write about them again when I did. They finally tore themselves away from John and Yvette’s (very hard to do) where Tom was diving and Pete was working for his keep for almost two weeks and continued on with their journey. While in Vilanculos they had found Twix bars which I had mentioned where my favorite candy bar, so they sent a few bars back down to me with Steve, the Kiwi (apparently that’s what people from New Zealand call themselves. I learn so much about the world here) who Tom and Pete met on their ride and who actually got a gig as a dive master in Zavora (our nearest beach, where John and Yvette are) for the next couple months. But back to Pete and Tom. As they ride they are raising money for mosquito nets and at a couple stops along the way also meeting up with their people to distribute the nets they have raised the money for.
You can check it out and support them at: www.againstmalaria.com/eastafricacycle
You can follow their adventures at: www.travelpod.com/members/eastafricacycle

1 comment:

  1. Scooter,

    I am so very, very proud of you. I continue to read your entries with total interest.

    ReplyDelete