Wednesday, October 6, 2010

06/10/10

I apologize for the lack of blog posts, the internet has been horrendous for a while now. The internet at the mission has been out for weeks, I went to the other place in Inharrime that has internet, it was down. I went to Xai-Xai last weekend (a large city) and the internet was down in the whole city. I came to Inhambane city today to do banking and the internet was down in the first place I went to, but I found another place and it’s working for now!
Went down to Gaza province this past weekend to meet up with Anna, the National REDES Coordinator, and Emily, REDES Curriculum Coordinator for this coming year so we could work on the budget proposal together. It was not too fun but we got a lot of work done. Emily’s latrine is very small, not much bigger than a porta-potty in the states, and in this small space is a chicken that has made her nest right next to the “toilet” and sits on her 7 eggs there. It is difficult to describe how incredibly disconcerting it is to go to the bathroom with a chicken staring at you from a few feet away.

No comments:

Post a Comment