Saturday, July 14, 2012

14/07/12

            Yesterday I arrived at my house, pulled my keychain (which includes a lanyard, all four of my house keys, the Peace Corps office key, my swiss army knife, my camera, and a small zip purse) out of my bag and realized with a sinking heart that my house keys weren’t on it. I always take my keys off to stick in my bra for my morning run, and apparently this morning I had just dropped them on top of the keychain, rather than reattaching them, so when I grabbed my keychain on the way out of the door, they stayed behind on the table. So I was locked out of my house for the second time in a month. I’m an idiot. Unlike the last time I locked myself out, Anna wasn’t around to rescue me (she is in Nampula province), so I had to figure this one out on my own. The good news is that I was able to break into my own house and get my keys out. The bad news is that it took me only 14 minutes to break into my house. Luckily I am resourceful and have long skinny arms, so two sticks, an old sock, a lanyard, lots of maneuvering, and 14 minutes later I had fished the keys out a window I had jimmied open.

No comments:

Post a Comment