Wednesday, April 14, 2010

14/04/10

This afternoon I stopped by the primary school because I needed the signature of the director. Noticing she was the only adult there, I asked where all the teachers were. She told me that they are all in teacher formation classes to get certified in the morning, and then come straight here after to teach in the afternoon. So until they arrive, she is alone with the 6 classes of kids and shuttles back and forth between classrooms, giving them exercises and such to keep them occupied until their teacher arrives. I said, "I had no idea! Tomorrow I'll have to come help you. I could teach them songs in English!" I was joking. Next thing I know I am being dragged in front of 45 second graders (mortified because my shoulders weren't covered, I was wearing a tank-top, I hadn't planned to actually enter the school), "this is Professora Anata, she is going to teach you guys a song in English!" So I taught them "Head, shoulders, knees, and toes." It was a huge hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment