Wednesday, April 21, 2010

21/04/10

As I understand it, one of the girls from the orphanage who is in the 8th grade won mvp for the football (soccer) tournament that took place over break.
As far as I can tell, honey can’t be found in stores here (at least outside of Maputo). Luckily for me, honey is produced somewhere near Inharrime and sold on the side of the road in various containers. So last week I bought honey in an old gin bottle and finally settled down to use some today. Four dead bees came out first. When I asked if this was normal I was told “of course! That means it was really fresh!”
Today during a faculty meeting one colleague asked for advice because he was encountering a speech defect in a student that he had never seen before. His student pronounces his “F”s as “P”s, thus his continent becomes Aprica, etc. My of my other colleagues quickly quipped “that’s too bad, instead of having [faith] he has [feet].”

No comments:

Post a Comment