Friday, April 16, 2010

15/04/10

Today in my double blocks we did a faction numbers “game.” Really not that fun, a lot of math, but I called it a game in an effort to entice the kids. I assigned each letter of the alphabet a fraction value and first names used addition and last names used multiplication. Working in groups of 4 or 5, they had to determine the value of each person in their group’s first name and last name, and tell me who in their group had the first name with the greatest value and the last name with the lowest value. So not really all that “fun” or much of a “game,” but I suppose it’s all about delivery and I think the kids enjoyed doing something completely different from normal school. Plus they got to work in groups, I played music, and they got to boast about whose name had the highest value.
Natalia tested positive for malaria today but luckily she seems to have a very weak case of it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Scooter, so glad we will be friends on facebook. I followed your website. I am sorry I have not gotten into it sooner. This will be fun to check regularly. the game you did in school sounds like a lot of fun. I bet the kids love you. Sincerely, Meg Shaw

    ReplyDelete