Wednesday, June 23, 2010

21/06/10

After he literally snuck away from school and our lesson (when I told him to wait right there, and returned 5 minutes later to find him gone) on Friday it was the final straw for me. So this morning I pulled my student who can’t read or write aside and told him “our lessons are over. You are just wasting my time every single day that you skip our lessons and I am tired of it. You’re going to fail 8th grade but it’s not my problem anymore, it’s your problem. Maybe next year after you fail you will be more serious about wanting to learn.” He just smiled, I think he only reaction was embarrassment from being yelled at within earshot of other students. He hasn’t taken either of the two tests in math, so his math grade (a required subject to pass to the next grade) is a whopping zero, and I am sure that since he cannot write the entire alphabet without help, he can’t be doing too well in other subjects that actually require writing and reading. It’s frustrating because in the few lessons we had we were actually making progress, but I have 222 other students, some of whom actually want to learn, as well at the 50 girls at the orphanage, so I just don’t have time to waste on someone who won’t put the effort in.

No comments:

Post a Comment