Thursday, July 8, 2010

07/07/10

I was really nervous about how my note to my colleague would be received—I wasn’t sure whether he would welcome the criticism or be offended, especially since I am not an English teacher. This morning (I can’t believe he have been grading, or at least going through, the exams already! Some of my colleagues still have yet to return the first test of the trimester) he came up to me and told me he had gotten my note. He explained that the test was in such poor shape because it had been intended to be revised before distribution, but due to time this never happened. He said he really appreciated my offer to help and wanted to run things by me often, and I got the impression that he may have wanted to this in the past but didn’t want to bother me. He is also going to university for a bachelor’s degree right now and asked if I could help with problems he was having. He then gave me a hard time for not being an English teacher and asked why not. So I am very relieved and happy with his response and looking forward to future exchanges.
One of the girls in 10th grade is easily 6-7 months pregnant, I wonder how she has managed to go unnoticed this long (pregnant girls have to transfer to night classes which my school doesn’t offer, so it means they have to transfer to Emma’s school).
During exams in any given class of 45 students there will be only about 37 rulers/erasers/calculators/etc, thus the students are always passing things back and forth and reaching over and grabbing things off each other’s desks.

No comments:

Post a Comment