Wednesday, July 28, 2010

19/07/10

Today three colleagues came up to me and asked how the science fair was, which just annoyed me. If you really cared you could have taken a few hours out of your day, it’s only once a year, and come yourself. And it was great.
In the homeroom I am director of today I boy came up to me and told me that a classmate had “made a cycle” at her desk and was refusing to clean it. I told him that I wasn’t familiar with this phrase, could he explain what it meant? But he got really uncomfortable and avoided answering. In retrospect I probably should have been able to figure that one out on my own. After class I went to the faculty room and asked “what does it mean if a student made a cycle?” She had menstruated. Duh. One of my female colleagues offered to go back to the class with me and handle the situation, which was incredibly nice of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment