Wednesday, August 10, 2011

09/08/11

My director called me away from English Club to talk to me today. She explained that there are teachers who want more hours (because they get paid based on the number of hours they teach), thus they were taking my two classes and giving them to these teachers. She explained that for this last trimester, I wouldn’t be teaching actual classes, but would be in charge of running extra-curriculars at the school, with a focus on activities geared toward girls. She wants me to expand upon the REDES group and English Club that I already do. I can’t tell if I’m being punished or not, but I guess it doesn’t matter, what’s important is that I really take advantage of this great opportunity and try to impact a few students’ lives. Since I have only one trimester to do this, I plan to run many mini-workshops over the course of a week. I am trying to collect ideas from PCV colleagues, but I could always use more suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment