Tuesday, August 23, 2011

23/08/11

Last night I dreamt that I was back in America and what I was most excited about (other than seeing people, of course) was being able to see the Big Dipper again.
Today in a store I was receiving change and the woman didn’t have bills, so she gave me my change in coins. The man next to me asked if he could change a twenty for the two ten coins I had and I said yes. Only a couple second later did I process that he had asked me in Txopi, not Portuguese! Clearly this was a simple phrase, but I was still really proud of myself.
My extra-curriculars are slowly but surely getting off the ground. This morning I had about 50 students show up to the morning and afternoon sessions combined, so they will be divided into three groups that will focus on different themes: current events, peer-education, and learning skills (like sewing).

No comments:

Post a Comment