Wednesday, April 4, 2012

30/03/12

On my way home from the office today I ran into the approximately 7 year old child of the guy who takes care of our house and dogs when we are gone. “Let’s walk with our big sister!” he announced to his other friends on their way home from school. So we walked back together, two of them holding my hands.
I was on the street a few days ago when a man walked by. I greeted him and then he stopped and said “hey, don’t we pray together?” He does indeed go to the same church as I do, and he proceeded to chat to me a while about the work he does. Between encounters like these, the kids around the neighborhood who are learning our names, and the girls in church who sit with or on me and hang all over me afterwards, it finally feels like we are beginning to become a part of the community of Namaacha.

No comments:

Post a Comment