Friday, February 8, 2013

05/02/13


            On Sunday we (the Americans on the mission) made plans to watch the Super Bowl. We all took naps and went to bed in various forms, then set our alarms to gather back together for kickoff at 1:30am. I woke up at 1:00am and realized there was a ferocious thunderstorm going on outside. I texted the others and told them I wasn’t going anywhere (we live about 1/3mile from them) in that weather. Ben replied that it was probably only a matter of time before the power went out anyhow. Within 30 seconds the power went out. So we all made a pact to avoid checking the news or Facebook until the game would re-air Monday at 7pm.
            On Monday morning I asked a friend in America if the game had been a good one (but NOT the score). When I was told the power had gone out in the middle of the game I thought it was a you’re-in-Africa joke (that I didn’t appreciate!). By nighttime almost all of us had stuck to the agreement, which made for an interesting game. We bet on the outcome and the teams happened to be girls vs. guys, so the boys (who bet on the 49ers) have to cook us dinner now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment