Tuesday, March 5, 2013

05/03/13


            I just killed a baby Black Mamba. I had just woken up from a nap and had started doing some lesson planning when I heard Christine yell, “there’s a snake in the hallway!” I had taken off my dress to nap, so I wrapped myself in a towel and went to investigate. “What are we going to do?” asked Natalie. “Let’s go get a man to deal with it!” said Christine. I hadn’t exactly woken up this morning hoping to kill a snake, but at this point in my life I basically bristle at any mention of a man, so I responded “F--- that, I’ll take care of it.” I grabbed a push broom (for the large piece of wood where the bristles attach) and followed the snake into the bathroom where it had hidden behind the door. I scared it out into the hallway where Natalie could see it (not intended but a nice addition because she hadn’t seen a live snake yet) and beat it until I was extremely sure it was dead. Then I carried it outside on the end of an umbrella to ask my colleague to verify that it was indeed a baby Black Mamba (about 18” long) before tossing it far into the bush. 

No comments:

Post a Comment