Tuesday, June 21, 2011

21/06/11

This morning I think I saw a guy out on a run. I was really confused. I probably stared at him harder than everyone else always stares at me. He ran out from the bush onto the highway in front of me and at first I thought he was mocking me or joking around, but then he stayed in front of me until I turned around to return home.
I forgot to write about this. When I was in Swaziland, the hostel we stayed at was inside a game reserve. One morning I was running and looked over and there were six zebras standing in the grass about 30 feet away from me. I stopped to stare back at them and with the sun rising, the mountains in the background, and the wind blowing gently through the grass, the moment was simply breathtaking. But, trying not to ruin the moment, I racked my brain trying to remember if I had ever learned that zebras are aggressive. I hoped not, because it turns out they are pretty huge when they are standing so close with no fence in between you. Eventually I gave in first and continued on my run.

No comments:

Post a Comment