Tuesday, May 11, 2010

11/05/10

Have one student who can’t really read or write, so arranged with him to come in this afternoon for an extra study session, but of course he never showed.
The other afternoon when I went to see the Prime Minister speak I ran into some of the girls from the orphanage with one of my students. This girl who is my student is a little different from just a student because she lives right across the fence from the mission, goes to our church and her parents are incredibly active in our church, and often comes to our afternoon study sessions. But when they saw me they walked over and my student put her hand on my stomach and concernedly asked, “aren’t you hungry, did you eat?” And I thought to myself, man has my definition of normal changed in the past 8 months. “Yes mother, I ate, thank you” I teased her.

No comments:

Post a Comment