Wednesday, May 19, 2010

18/05/10

Something about the weather here, but I think I have seen more rainbows in the past 8 months than in my entire life. One big difference is that we rarely have rainy days here, rather it will go from sunny to stormy and back many times within one day. Today we had a beautiful double rainbow during one of my classes.
My student who cannot read or write hasn’t shown up to class the past two days, missing, in addition to all the classes, his math and geography exams. There is a slight possibility that he is seriously ill, but seriously I doubt it. I am frustrated because short of marching to his house (and I don’t know where it is yet, though that may be something I find out in the near future), there isn’t much I can do for him if he doesn’t show up to school. At the same time, with 222 students, I don’t have time to be knocking on the door of one student and dragging him to school and teaching him to read and write if he doesn’t want the same things for himself. I have far too many students who want and need help to be wasting my energy on someone who won’t reciprocate my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment