Thursday, January 27, 2011

21/01/11

Classes have gone pretty well this week. I asked the students to tell me something they like to do, first giving an example myself. In my first class I said that I like to read and I don’t know if it’s related, but almost every single student said they like to study. Liars. So for the next classes I tried saying “I like to listen to music with my friends.” I don’t know if it was the reason, but the variation in responses varied greatly after, including “I like to sleep” and (from one girl in training with the sisters who is absolutely wonderful) “I like to help people when they need it.”
We had given introductions so I asked the class “does anyone know what you say when you meet someone new?” One boy eagerly offered the response “I like you!” Not what I was looking for, but also one of the most common responses I get when I meet people (men) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment