Monday, November 30, 2009

28/11/O9

Just about everyone in our group went to Maputo today. Some people went to run errands, other people just wanted the excuse to get out of the house for the day. A bunch of us got pictures of us with our families printed to give them as gifts because pictures are post of a novelty here. Mozambicans don't smile in pictures. So in my picture with my family everyone else looks either miserable or pissed off, and I look even more out of place than I would have otherwise with my huge smile. We ate at a Thai restaurant for lunch! It was delicious and just nice to have different kinds of tastes. I also got had cream today which is one of the biggest perks of going to Maputo. The lack of personal space here still catches me off guard. I just have to keep reminding myself that when my mom elbows me at dinner, or people bump me as they walk by, or every single person in my family bumps my chair as they're walking past it, that they don't see any of that as rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment